Mini Chocolaty Caramel Apples Healthy Recipes for Halloween
Mini Chocolaty Caramel Apples
One of my favorite things in the world is a raw “caramel” made out of dates. You will see the caramel recipe used in a couple of my favorite Halloween recipes.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 apples (chilled) of your choice. Some like the green Granny Smith apples but I like sweet red.
- 2 Tablespoons cashews, chopped
- 1/4 cup moist dates (pitted)
- 2 Tablespoons melted refined coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Coconut milk as needed
- 3 Tablespoons cacao
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey or grade B maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons nut butter (no sugar added). If you are allergic to nuts, use Tahini instead of nut butter.
- 3 Tablespoons melted refined coconut oil
- Pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt
Wash the apples and pat dry with a paper towel. Use a tablespoon or melon baller to cut out small rounds from the apples. Pat dry. Make sure the apples are dry before you dip them otherwise the coating will not stick.
Add toothpicks into the center of each apple ball.
Blend caramel dip ingredients in the Nutribullet or with the immersion blender to get a smooth, thick consistency. Cover the apples halfway with the “caramel”. Set on a plate with unbleached parchment paper and transfer to the freezer for 5 minutes.
Then mix the cacao ingredients by hand until smooth. Take the apples out of the freezer and dip into the chocolate. Place back on your parchment covered plate. Sprinkle each apple immediately with nuts, pressing down slightly on the nuts to get them to stick. Put back in the freezer for 5 minutes to harden the chocolate.
Here is where shopping just got easier for you. An Amazon shopping cart that makes recipe shopping fast, simple, and easy! Click the link.