The Absolute BEST Pumpkin, Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 pie pumpkin peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 teaspoon herb salt
- 3 cups MSG free vegetable stock
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
Garnish: Paprika and raw pumpkin seeds
Place all of your ingredients (except fresh basil and parsley) into a medium-large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Bring to the boil and cover, reducing to a simmer.
Simmer until your veggies have softened.
Transfer the soup to your blender adding in the herbs.
With care blend the hot soup in your blender. It is very important that you take a towel and hold down the lid of the blender. The heat tends to create some additional force and I have made the mistake of having the top explode off and hot soup burning my hands and arms.
Just before serving, stir through and add more seasoning to your taste.
Serve hot, garnished with paprika and raw pumpkin seeds.
Shopping made EASY! http://astore.amazon.com/pumpkin8-20?_encoding=UTF8&node=19