Totally Yummy Crock Pot Pumpkin Butter
- 4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- ½ cup unfiltered apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
Add all of the ingredients to your slow cooker. Stir very well to combine. Cook on low for approximately 6 hours or until thick (this time may vary based on your slow cooker).
You may have to stir it several times throughout the cooking process if it sticks. You don’t want it to burn. Every slow cooker is a bit different in how strong it is.
At the end if it hasn’t thickened as much as you could like, take the lid off and let it cook a bit longer and it will reduce further.
Add it to your jars or other air tight containers and allow to cool, then store in the refrigerator.
Store in the refrigerator for approximately 2 to 3 weeks, it can be frozen for up to a year.
Use as a dip for apple slices, sprouted breads, and celery!
Making healthy food has never been easier! http://astore.amazon.com/pumpkin8-20?_encoding=UTF8&node=34