YUM! Pumpkin Chocolaty Cookies – Flourless
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder
- 2 Tablespoons maple sugar crystals
- ½ teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour (oat flour is just blended oats)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chocolate chunks, optional
Oat flour is regular oats (gluten free) that have been blended in a blender or food processor until they are at a flour consistency.
**Make sure to measure out the 1 cup oat flour AFTER blending the oats and not before **
In a bowl, beat together the pumpkin, honey, egg, and vanilla extract. Beat in the maple sugar crystals.
In another bowl, stir together the cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt, and oat flour.
Combine the wet and dry and mix until just combined. Never over stir cookies.
Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
Chill the dough for 30 minutes and then preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Using a cookie dough scoop, scoop out the dough onto a cookie sheet covered by unbleached parchment paper.
Press the chocolate chunks into the tops of these cookies and bake for 6-8 minutes.
These cookies taste best (in my opinion) a little under-baked – they are soft, chewy, and chocolaty!
Previous Post: Healthy “Better Than Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte”
Next Post: Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes (Gluten-Free)